Friday, January 26, 2018

How to Make Colorful Valentines for Guys and Gals


Hello friends! I am back today with some more Valentine inspiration! If you caught last week's post, I featured a sassy Science themed Valentine card, with the Perfect Atoms Stamp Set. After I finished that project I had quite a few Gel Press prints and scraps leftover, so I used those scraps to create another card to share with you. (If you missed last week's post, scroll down or click here!) 

The first piece of last week's scraps is the ladybug. Recognize it? It's the same piece I used to stamp the beaker on last week's card. I stamped the sweet ladybug, detail cut her, and then added some Journey Glaze for shine and dimension. The next piece of leftovers I used is the heart strip that's tucked behind the tag. You'll hopefully recognize that as the background panel from last week's card. Need a quick refresher? Here's a peek at the original card. 
I love the pop of Turbo Teal and Electric Lime, paired with pink AND red. It adds a little balance so the card isn't so overwhelming with Valentine's color! 
 I have a second card to share with you, and it's also based on last week's card. As I worked, I thought it would be a really fun card to try in a variety of color combos. Some guys just wouldn't be thrilled with all that PINK on their science-y geek-fabulous Valentine. I decided to duplicate the card in a more masculine color combination, and here's what I came up with. It's pretty much the exact same card, just in blues and greens. What do you think?! Kinda fun, yes?


I'm so glad you came by today. Be sure to pin these projects for later inspiration!
Plus, I would love it if you stop by and see my friend Mariana - I know that her absolutely ADORABLE ladybug card inspired me when I created my ladybug card, and I bet it will inspire you too! Have a fabulous day! xoxo

Love Bug Supplies:
Tag Set Steel Rule Die (my favorite steel rule die!)
Silk (Bubble Gum, Whip Cream, Sparkle)
Re-Inkers (Raspberry Berry, Sweet Berry, Watermelon Fusion, Candy Apple, Cranberry Bliss)
Love Filled adhesive hearts

Chemistry Supplies: 
Silk (Beach Ball, Sparkle)
Liquid Colors (Limeade Splash, Cool Pool, Catalina Splash, Fresh Forest, Limeade Splash)

No comments: