Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Party Time! {New Years Watercoloring}


Hello dear friends! Are you recovered from the Christmas chaos!? I hope your holiday was merry and bright and full of love! But now...onward to New Years, yes?!

I had fun playing on this card. More watercoloring, I KNOW. I can't stop - I've been telling you this for MONTHS now. On this card, I created some watercolor puddles to paint from, and I added a little silver and gold Silk into the colors, for a little touch of metallic. Then after I colored everything, I added some extra splatters of Silk on top.

If you aren't familiar with the FSJ Silks, picture a nail polish bottle, with a nail polish brush inside. Like THIS, in fact:


But imagine the contents being less thick than nail polish. Thin enough to take that brush and go FLICK onto your project.  FLICK! FLICK! Yessss, it can get messy, but it is SOO worth the risk! I was terrified at first, of ruining my projects. "What if it doesn't go where I want it to?" Well - you do your best. And the more you use them, the better you get at directing it, and going with the flow. Plus it has metallic goodness that gets all stirred up when you give that bottle a shake. You can mix it with watercolor, for a metallic glint. You can brush the Silk onto a stamp and stamp with it. You can paint it right onto a card or project for a brushed background. Lots of cool possibilities and play.

ANYYYYYwhooooo, Silk. New Years. Sparkle. Stamping. All the good stuff. After I stamped and painted this card, I created a die cut frame, added a sentiment, and BAM.

FLICK. BAM. DONE.
Happy New Year! :)
Check out the whole array of beautiful FSJ Silk colors, over on the website. 
I'll be doing a bit of traveling during the first part of January, but I'll be BACK later in the month to party with you all, 2017 style. Find me on Instagram or on Facebook and Pinterest, in the meantime!

No comments: