Monday, December 19, 2016

Merry Christmas {watercolor snowflakes}

Hello dear crafty friends!
I just wanted to say....MERRY almost CHRISTMAS! 
I created this colorful snowflake card using the Fun Stampers Journey Pretty Flakes stamp set (SS-0377). I made a large puddle of watercolor, and then stamped the snowflake stamps right into it, and then onto watercolor paper (Journey Color Splash Sheets). (If you missed it, last week I shared another card using this stamp set. Scroll on down after you're done reading, and check that one out! Same stamps - totally different look!)

It's fun to experiment and see what happens when you stamp with watercolor - no two projects ever turn out the same, THAT is for sure! After I stamped the images, I added a little more water to my puddle, and picked up some of the remaining color with a paint brush to paint around the flakes. While it was still wet, I splattered a little Cool Pool Silk for some metallic fun. I love the way the Silk blends and spreads when splattered on a wet surface! So pretty! To finish it all off, I added some dimensional glaze to the snowflakes and sprinkled a little glitter - what snowflakes would be complete without GLITTER? (Generally glitter and I are not friends. But come on - snowflakes HAVE to be glittery!) 

I stamped the sentiment onto a vellum diecut oval, and layered it onto a white tag. It adds a little extra layer and dimension, without adding too much busyness to the card. And using the starry paperclip allowed me to not worry about how I would adhere the layers together! 

I hope the rest of your holiday season is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Thanks so much for letting me share a little inspiration, and thanks so much for stopping by today, in the midst of the hustle and bustle! Holiday hugs!! xoxo

No comments: